Thursday, September 30, 2010

What's Orange and tastes good???

Yes, you got it right it is pumpkin bread! God's gift to us :) Oh how I love this pumpkin craze I have gone into this year! It makes me smile anytime I see a pumpkin!

So I made pumpkin bread Tuesday night while the boys were at baseball practice. It was suppose to be chocolate chip pumpkin bread but I didn't realize that I didn't have enough cc's. So there are like maybe 30 cc's in my bread :) It's kinda funny! It turned out great! I was shocked since it was my first time ever making it! It is so moist and I am shocked I have had self control and not gobbled it all up yet :) It was so easy to make. Barely took anytime at all. I hope you enjoy it (if you decide to make it :)


Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread (you don't have to add the cc's)




Ingredients:

1 Cup butter or margarine, softened
3 Cups sugar
3 Eggs
3 Cups all-purpose flour
2 Cups chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 Teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 Teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 Teaspoons ground nutmeg
1 Teaspoon ground cloves
1 (16oz) can solid pack pumpkin

Dirrections:

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egss, mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin, and chocolate chips. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 3-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until bread tests done.


I'm linking up to Feature yourself Friday @ Fingerprints on the fridge! (love that name!) Foddie Friday over @ The Speckled Dog, & Pity Party Friday! I am also linking this up to the Fall Linky Party @ Tatertots & Jello!







Have a Blessed day!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so gonna make this for the weekend!! Thanks for the recipe <3

Jhenna said...

:) Your welcome! Tell me how you like it!

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Your pumpkin bread looks lovely - I like the idea of the chocolate chips, but it is nice to know it can be made without too!

Jhenna said...

Thank you so much April :)