Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Father's Day Surprise Revealed!

So I am finally able to reveal what it was that I made and bought for hubby.... So here it is folks. I made him a apron. Yes a apron. He wanted to start painting so I bought him all the supplies he would need to start painting and instead of buying him an apron I thought I would make it. And let me tell you it is not as easy as it looks. It is very time consuming! So I picked out my fabric and headed over to my MIL's house to use her sowing machine. I am very grateful that she knows her way around a sowing machine because folks I was lost! So I measured out the fabric and cut it according to my measurements. Then I pinned it off where I would helm it. Then we ironed it that way it would give me a defined line to follow for my helm. Then came the dreadful sowing machine! I was scared out of my mind folks! I thought oh boy what the heck am I doing?? So my MIL started it off for me and then I took over and lets just say the apron looks good just don't get a close up of the helm because seriously it looks like a drunk person was operating the sowing machine. The end result is ok for my first time and Hubby loves it so that is all that matters! Below is a picture of the apron I made. Let me know what you think :)


No comments: