Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Another little touch of Fall....

I found this mirror at one of our local thrift stores and immediately snatched it up! I knew it would look pretty in white! So I carefully took it apart and set the frame down and spray painted it white. Below are the before and after pictures :)



Before :)

                                                     I spray painted the frame white.


Another view.

I figured that this would eventually find a home on my dresser with some pillar candles and some sort of filler around the base of the candles, but for now it has a home here.


On my cute table in my living room. It holds my latest fall creation!
The materials needed for this project were fairly cheap.

Hurricane Vase - $1 GW (I already had this from a previous purchase at the GW)
4 Pack of fall leaves - $1 ea (I got mine from the Dollar Tree. They come in 150 count bags)
Silk fall leaves - I had these left over from my first fall project here so they were free (but the silk leaves cost $1 ea at the Dollar Tree.)

So roughly I spent $4 on this project. Not bad if I say so myself!
Oh and we can't forget my first Fall creation of the year....



All made with Dollar Tree silk flowers and leaves!

My husband now has the fall fever! He is ready for us to completely unleash fall decor in our house! He says it is making him excited because he knows the cool weather is coming. We live in SW Florida so this gives us both a sense of fall inside even though we can't experience it outside!

Tomorrow I will be uploading the pictures from my Bible study project! I am linking this project up to The CSI Project's The "Fall" Challenge. I hope everyone has a Blessed day!

Visit thecsiproject.com

Edited to show that I am linking this up to Saw Dust & Paper Scraps , what-ever linky party!

3 comments:

Cristie said...

Simple and sweet. They look very pretty...love the dollar store!

Jhenna said...

Thank you, Glad you like it!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

These are so cute! I have four little pots that I had greenery in for the spring/summer...I'm thinking I need to make a trip to the dollar store to change them for the season!