Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Galatians 6:4-5

So recently this verse has been weighing on my mind. My hubby told me the other day that it wasn't fair that his dad could still do something and he could no longer do his thing that he wanted to do. Well immediately God gave me this verse! We were at a gas station and I was pumping gas. (Yes, I was pumping the gas. I told hubby that I wanted to. It makes sense since our gas tank door is on the passenger side of the car so I hopped out and started pumping.) I told him I had the perfect verse for him and to just hold that thought! So I finished pumping gas and I got back in the car and picked up my phone. (I am so thankful I have a smart phone that has a Bible app on it that I can reference any time of the day!) And I went to straight to the title of this Blog Galatians 6:4-5 and here's what it says: "4 Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself, without comparing himself to somebody else, 5 for each one should carry his own load." I was praising God for giving me these words for Jon to hear! I couldn't believe it! I was so honored to be able to give my hubby's God's words as perspective! He got really silent and just said "Huh" then I went on to say "Honey, If you can't take pride in yourself and in what God is doing in your own life then you have a problem. You shouldn't compare yourself to your dad (or anyone else for that matter) because you and your dad are each your own person!" He agreed with me. I also admitted to him that I too could use this and apply it in my daily life. Do you ever find yourself comparing yourself to others? Do you ever find yourself saying "hmmm, how come I can't have it together like her", or "wouldn't life be easier if I had this or did that?"
I think if we all really reflect we will find that one time or another we have been like this whether it was when we were 11 or when we were 32 we all have moments of comparing ourselves to others. But the greatest thing is that we have a God who loves us immensely. Who forgives us, and casts our sins as far as the east is from the west! I couldn't think of anything better, Can you??

No comments: