Wednesday, October 27, 2010

While the Husband's away the Wife will......

Craft!

Sheesh what did ya think I was going to say?  :)

Well I have been seeing these rosette's blowing up all over blogland! I have admired them from afar for awhile. Pining that one day I would buy a piece someone has made. Then I got to thinking I'm sure there are some tutorials out there on making these little gems. So I set to work to find something anything to help me learn how to make these! And about two weeks ago (yes, I know I have been busy) I found something! I have no idea where or who's blog it was but it really is the most simple thing in the world! When/If I find it I will edit this post to give the credit :)

So anyways I made these cute little rosettes out of some left over fabric from this project. Then I just kind of left the two cute little rosettes on my dresser for about a week and a half (again, yes I have been very busy) I wanted to make some cute hair clips out of them and finally about two days ago I got around to spray painting the hair clips blue to match my rosettes! So I went downstairs to my paint area and pick them up and brought them upstairs last night and hot glued them to the hair clips! I loved the way they turned out! Now all I need is to find the perfect blue or green shirt to go with them so that I can wear them to work :)



As you can see the paint didn't cover evenly towards the end, but I was ok with that!



The finished product!


Action shot!

One more action shot :)


Hope you enjoy my pictures! The cost of this project was free! I already had the spray paint from another project, the hair clips I had on hand, the fabric from the above project, and the super glue on hand! I love projects that have zero cost!

Hope you all have a blessed week!

I am linking to these parties:

Sumo Sweet Stuff



http://www.sawdustandpaperscraps.com/2010/10/watever-linky-party.html





3 comments:

Sawdust Girl said...

Cute. I love free projects. ;-)

Jhenna said...

Thank you :)

kim west said...

i love rosettes...and yours are no exception!